Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Filtration Experiment:

Hello everyone welcome back to another blog post today we well be doing a experiment on Filtration. So we well see what well  happen at the end in science  The Method is down below if you  guy's want to do it to.  The Equipment we well have to use well be Sodium Carbonate. And a Copper sulfate 

Conical flask stirring rod 200mL Beaker Funnel Filter and Paper. That's all u need for the experiment.  We had to use Copper(II) Sulfate to make it blue and after we used Sodium Carbonate Solution at the end. So at the end it came to a nice clear blue and nothing else happen after, so all we have to say is that it just turned light blue. So I hope u enjoy my blog post bye. 
                                           
                                   This is what it look's like in side the tube when we poured it in.
                                       This is the step we had to wait tell it was finished pouring in.

Method:
1. Pour approximately 50mL of copper sulfate solution into a beaker.
2. Add the same volume of sodium carbonate solution. A reaction will happen, you should see a cloudy blue precipitate form. Called copper carbonate. 
3. Watch demo then fold filter paper to fit inside the funnel
4. Place the funnel with the filter paper inside of it, into the mouth of a conical flask. 
5. Stir the mixture in the beaker, then carefully pour it into the funnel. 
6. Observe what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.