Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Evaporation Experiment!

Intro:  We have been learning about Evaporation is when liquid turns in gas. So I hope you guy's well enjoy this experiment.

Aim:  To evaporate copper Sulfate.  (Blue Liquid)  to Separate the mixture.

Hypotheses: I think there well be blue colouring forming  in the tube.  And there is powder forming in the out side of the tube. And it has a weird Smell to it.


Equipment: Copper Sulfate Solution 250Ml beaker heat proof mat.  evaporation basin element.

Method: Set up Element.
2: Add 100ml of hot water to the beaker and place on element.
3: Add copper sulfate to be evaporation basin until it is quarter full.
4: Carefully, place the the evaporation basin on top  of  the beaker.
5: Turn on the element to 8.
6: Heat the solution until most of the solvent has been evaporated and crystals of solute are forming.
7: Turn off the element- careful not to touch as will be hot for a long time.


                                                           Picture while it is Heating up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.